We are currently recruiting for 2 posts. Applicants are welcome to apply for one or both posts.
The Community Projects Officer will assist the Time Bank Manager with the co-ordination and administration of the Time Bank and its associated work programme. This will include assistance with the running and co-ordination of some groups, activities and projects, involvement in the recruitment and supervision of volunteers, some outreach and publicity work, administrative tasks and shared responsibility for staffing the Time Bank office.
We are looking for someone with previous experience of working with a community-based project, an understanding of the needs of vulnerable people and disadvantaged communities and experience of working with volunteers. The successful applicant will have both good people skills and good organisational skills.
This is a part-time (2 days per week) fixed term post to 31/3/25 to cover Maternity Leave, with a salary of £26,000 pa (pro rata).
Please download our application pack here. Please note we do not accept CV’s. The closing date is 18th February and interviews will be held on Monday 26th February.
The Lunch Club Co-ordinator will work alongside, co-ordinate and support a small group of volunteers in providing a 2-course cooked meal and a varied programme of activities to older residents in the Twerton area. Volunteers play an important part in this project and direction will also be provided by a small steering group comprising volunteers, Lunch Club members & staff.
Tasks will include:
- Recruiting, supporting and working alongside volunteers to facilitate and oversee the operational management of the lunch club
- Co-ordinating lunch provision, including meal planning, budgeting, shopping, cooking, kitchen tasks & customer service
- Co-ordinating the provision of activities such as quizzes, games, raffles, speakers, singalongs, gentle exercise, annual outings, etc
- Publicising the project, recruiting and liaising with locally based older residents attending the lunch club
- Co-ordinating the provision of transport to those people in need of it
- Project administration, including keeping digital records of attendance, finance, etc
We are looking for someone with previous experience of working or volunteering with a community-based project and with older people, and an understanding of the needs of vulnerable people and the value of volunteers. We are looking for someone with both good people skills and good organisational skills.
This is a part-time (1 day per week) fixed term post initially to 30/9/24 but with a good chance of extension. The salary is £25,000 pa (pro rata).
Please download our application pack here: here. Please note we do not accept CV’s. The closing date is 18th February and interviews will be held on Monday 26th February.